First Look: 2010 Honda CB1300SA
The big, muscular CB1300S C-ABS is the king of Honda’s Naked stable
Its styling centres around its impressive inline-4 engine; a fuel-injected, liquid-cooled DOHC power plant that’s tuned for maximum enjoyment. It capably delivers raw excitement while placing a firm focus on seamless control and strong midrange performance. Acceleration is strong and exhilarating while power delivery is always smooth and responsive.
For 2010, Honda has improved rider comfort and updated the bike’s styling, enhancing its appeal as a high-speed tourer. The handlebars have been raised to create a more upright riding position and easier reach to the ground. For passengers, new grab rails extending along the sides of the seat add to a comfortable feeling of security. The brake systems have also been revised to provide the ultimate in assured and balanced stopping power. Combined ABS is now fitted as standard, boosting rider confidence.
Handling is enhanced by a low seat height for a machine of this size. The seat is comfortable and provides plenty of pillion space, as well as concealing a lockable storage space. A lightweight and rigid double-cradle steel tube frame contributes to the bike’s responsive behaviour and high performance suspension systems contribute to both control and comfort.
The CB1300S features a distinctive half-fairing with a tinted windscreen that protects the rider from wind fatigue at high speeds. The front styling is compact and aerodynamic, integrating air vents that deflect air away from the rider. The CB1300S also features an attractive twin binnacle-style instrument panel with fully electronic speedometer and tachometer gauges, an LCD digital clock and fuel gauge, and a multi-function riding computer that calculates travelling parameters and air temperature. At the rear, a new, more compact cowl and a new tail-light design reinforce its sporty appeal.
With its generous 21-litre fuel tank and long-term comfort, the huge power of the CB1300S can be enjoyed in a wide range of situations, including commuting and two-up touring. Effortlessly combining big-bike performance and style with light, effortless handling, it incorporates the thrills, adrenalin and pure attitude of classic Naked motorcycling in a package that’s accessible to a wide range of riders.
2010 Honda CB1300SA Colours
- Graphite Black (Mono-Black with stripe)
- Pearl Sunbeam White / Candy Arcadian Red
2010 Honda CB1300SA Main Features
- New high-performance three-piston caliper front disc brakes equipped with Honda’s advanced Combined Antilock Brake System as standard ensure smooth, assured braking control.
- New handlebar position creates a more upright and comfortable riding position.
- New grab rail design improves pillion comfort and security.
- New, more compact rear cowl and updated tail-light design add to sophisticated look.
- Compact, elegant and highly aerodynamic half fairing designed to match the motorcycle’s high-speed and high-performance capabilities.
- Fuel-injected, liquid-cooled DOHC inline-4 engine tuned for strong midrange performance and powerful acceleration.
- 43mm cartridge-type front fork contributes to swift, confident handling.
- Highly effective twin-shock rear dampers with integrated gas-charged remote reservoirs and large box-section aluminium swingarm enhance comfort and control.
- Lightweight, sports-style 17″ wheel rims and tyres contribute to crisp, responsive handling.
- Large 21-litre fuel tank.
- HECS3 oxygen-sensing catalytic converter system minimises exhaust gas emissions to ensure full EURO-3 compliance.
- The range of tailor-made Honda Genuine Accessories includes: tough nylon guards to protect the engine, a compact alarm unit with double immobiliser, a U-lock that fits under the seat and a carbon fibre tank pad.
- Available in two colour variations, both new: Graphite Black (Mono-Black with stripe) and Pearl Sunbeam White/ Candy Arcadian Red.
2010 Honda CB1300SA Specifications
|Type||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC inline-4|
|Bore x Stroke||78 x 67.2mm|
|Compression Ratio||9.6: 1|
|Max. Power Output||84kW/7,750min-1 (95/1/EC)|
|Max. Torque||116Nm/6,000min-1 (95/1/EC)|
|Carburation||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection|
|Aircleaner||Dry, cartridge-type paper filter|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||21litres (including 4.5-litre warning light reserve)|
|Ignition System||Computer-controlled digital transistorised with electronic advance|
|Ignition Timing||1° BTDC (idle) ~ 46° BTDC (3,500min-1)|
|Sparkplug Type||DPR8EA9 (NGK); X24EPR-U9 (DENSO)|
|Headlight||12V, 55W x 1 (low)/60W x 1 (high)|
|Clutch||Wet, multiplate with coil springs|
|Primary Reduction||1.652 (76/46)|
|Gear Ratios||1||3.083 (37/12)|
|Final Reduction||2.167 (39/18)|
|Final Drive||#530 sintered link chain|
|Type||Double-cradle; steel tube|
|Dimensions||(LxWxH)||2,200 x 795 x 1,205mm|
|Kerb Weight||271kg (F: 134kg; R: 137kg)|
|Max. Carrying Capacity||188kg|
|Type||Front||43mm cartridge-type telescopic fork with adjustable compression and rebound damping, 120mm axle travel|
|Rear||Dual conventional dampers with 5-step adjustable spring preload, 116mm axle travel|
|Type||Front||U-section 5-spoke cast aluminium|
|Rear||U-section 5-spoke cast aluminium|
|Rim Size||Front||17M/C x MT3.5|
|Rear||17M/C x MT5.5|
|Tyre Size||Front||120/70-ZR17M/C (58W)|
|Type||Front||310 x 4.5mm dual disc with 3-piston calipers, Combined ABS and sintered metal pads|
|Rear||256 x 6mm single disc with single-piston caliper, Combined ABS and sintered metal pads|
|All specifications are provisional and subject to change without notice.|